Thursday, August 7, 2008

Cricket in HK

I bowled just about average. Despite being extremely apprehensive before I started, I surprising hit the right line and length with my first few deliveries, got excited by that, tried to bowl extra quick and lost it all! But the good thing about bowling in nets is that even when you bowl shit and/or the batsman plays a cracker of a shot, the ball still remains inside the nets and the psychological impact is not that bad ;) ... I mean, it still hurts... but not as much as seeing the ball fly out of the stadium!

This was last weekend at the Hong Kong Cricket Club

The teams are comprised of mainly Aussies and Kiwis - and some Brits. These are expats who have played professional cricket of some form before moving to HK. There are about 90 active players in the Hong Kong Cricket Club which form the 5 teams that play against each other every season. And these training camps have been organized to finalize the teams for this season.

I will be there again this Sunday, with a much stronger bowling arm ... and much better foot work. I got embarrassingly clean bowled twice. I think I will get rid of the helmet in tomorrows session. Lets see. Still 3 more sessions to go before the selection process is complete and I am not giving up yet.

1 comment:

CRD said...

hey..glad to see another piusite blogging:)

dude...ur into serious cricket?? thts great man! hope u do well...or atleast crack a few helmets (while bowling of course:P)

cheers
Chris (crato)