Saturday, July 26, 2008

The "Clueless in Sai Kung" Hike (20 July, 2008)



This was one of my more challenging hikes. It was a fairly long one - we started at 10am, ended at 7pm. We have done longer ones in the past.. but it was a really hot day (35 degrees celcius), and for the first time I found myself out of breath and dehydrated on a hike. We were on a steep and uncovered trail. (Sharp Peak is one of the steepest in HK) . Psychologically, the heat made it a killer of a hike. To make it a perfect script, we got LOST for a good 2.5 hours on our way down to the peninsula. We just kept ending up at gorges. And yes, the heat was not helping all this while!

This was also my first major hike since I hurt my knee in January earlier this year.. and I think I did well not to hurt it again. All in all - this was an awesome experience - but only because we made it back safely! Enjoy the pics!



View Larger Map

No comments: