Sunday, July 6, 2008

Top 20 Rock Songs

I started listing my top 10 and found that 7 of them came from Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin and The Who, which left just 3 more spots from roughly 60 years of rock history. Hence a change of plan, and here goes my top 20.... which now has 5 Pink Floyd songs in it! And NO, I am not biased ;) .... I further realized, that it is not really possible to "rank" these songs beyond my fav 3 at best. So while # 1 through 3 reflect my top picks in the order specified, the others do not.

1.
Comfortably Numb (P.U.L.S.E version) - Pink Floyd
2.
Stairway To Heaven - Led Zeppelin
3. Coming Back to Life - Pink Floyd
4. Highway to Hell - ACDC
5. Teenage Wasteland - The Who
6. Keep on Rocking in the Free World - Neil Young
7. Sweet Child of Mine - Guns and Roses
8. Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
9. Kashmir - Led Zeppelin
10. Imagine - John Lenon
11. You cant always get what you want - Rolling Stones

12. Dont Stop Believing - Journey
13. Hotel California - Eagles
14. Purple Haze - Jimmy Hendrix
15. Hey Jude - The Beatles
16. Time - Pink Floyd
17. Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
18. We dont need no education - Pink Floyd
19. Eminence Front - The Who
20. Wonderwall - Oasis

Comfortably Numb - P.U.L.S.E. Version : The best song ever, from the best concert ever, by the best guitarist ever!

No comments: